Commentary: Apple owns up to a Snow Leopard bug

Friday, October 16, 2009

Having watched Microsoft (MSFT) go through a weekend from hell for wiping out the personal data of thousands of T-Mobile (DT) customers, Apple (AAPL) finally acknowledged a data-swallowing bug that Snow Leopard users have been complaining about since September.

"We are aware of the issue, which occurs only in extremely rare cases, and we are working on a fix," an Apple spokesperson told CNET's Erica Ogg on Monday.

According to several hundred messages on Apple's discussion boards, the Snow Leopard problem is triggered when users log in and out of an old Leopard guest account and then try to log back in to their regular account. One victim described the effect as follows:

"Not only did Snow Leopard wipe out ALL of my documents, my email accounts, my address book, it broke the dynamic spell checker in yahoo messenger, caused random problems with Safari, InDesign, and others, caused lockups, spinning beach balls, loud fans… and it was just getting worse. I am restoring Leopard (sans snow) as I write this."


(via BrainStormTech)


Commentary: I came across this article and I wasn't surprised. It was something that many people have talked about: their problems with Snow Leopard. I have heard it from bloggers, I've heard it from Youtubers, I've even heard it from non-techies... Apple seriously did something wrong with Snow Leopard. From the minor glitches to the major ones like the one above Apple definitely didn't come out with the most innovative operating system this time. Yes, the upgrade came with a few features that made me smile for a few moments but when you really look into it they're not good enough to cover up the bad that Snow Leopard causes.

Although I am mad with the lack of innovation and abundance of problems with this product I am really happy with Apple as a company. It may have taken them a long time but they actually owned up to their mistakes. They didn't hide them like some companies... AHEM AHEM Microsoft... It shows that they listen to their customers and are trying to amend the problems that they are having. It shows that they actually care.

1 comments:

Ashley Diaz October 17, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

haha only people with macs r tight about this lmao im lucky i got a pc lol

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Become a Fan!

Teen On Da Rise on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP