Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac

Tuesday, October 6, 2009


The Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac was just released Friday of last week. It's the easy way to sync and backup your calendars, contacts, tasks, notes and music... or so they say. The actual program is very user friendly but what it does to your Blackberry is HORRIBLE, or at least what it did to mine.

After a very short installation period, the program asked for me to plug my Blackberry in to verify that I actually have one. As soon as I did, it told me that I don't have the latest software and asked if I would like to download. I answered yes, my first mistake! As soon as i upgraded my software it deleted my browser and everything else that I had involving data. I had to call Verizon to get everything back and it wasn't fun.

To make sure that something like that would never happen again I decided to backup everything that I had on my phone. It was a pretty smart move considering what happened next!

Syncing with my Mac was easy but once again the consequences were not desired. When I pressed the button it told me that I had information that was repetitive on my Mac and Blackberry. It asked if I wanted to erase the information that was on both machines so I pressed yes for all of the options because like anybody else I didn't want anything to be repeating on either my Mac or Blackberry. Once again I made a drastic mistake. This time, instead of erasing all of my internet based applications it erased everything else. My notes, my tasks, my contacts, my calendars and my bookmarks. I called Verizon once again to see what was going on and they said that it's just a glitch that the program is having, that there's nothing that they could do now and it will probably be resolved within a few weeks.

Now this is what I know everybody has been waiting for, the moral of the story: Never EVER download and/or use a new program without checking it out even if it's from a trusted company. Read reviews and watch tutorials on Youtube just don't be one of their unpaid Beta testers.

2 comments:

Kat October 8, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

w00t if u dont like the blackberry, give to meh XD

Ashley Diaz October 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

they should get something lik tht with itunes and sidekicks tht wud be mad hott n so much people will use it

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Become a Fan!

Teen On Da Rise on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP