The First Surprise of 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yesterday in technology class we had to find movie animation software. I know about movie-making software but not animation so I went on the #1 ranked website in the world and I screamed when I saw the screen.
For some reason I thought that the Google Nexus One was going to come out later on in the year and all of the videos and pictures were just leaked to get the hype up from consumers. The idea really stuck in my head because for me it was the most ideal. The Google phone coming out later in the year would give me an ample amount of time to save for it.

As I dug into the site I was even more impressed. The videos and pictures of this device did not lie. It seems that Google did enough work to beat out Apple's iPhone on almost every front. The iPhone has a 3.5 inch screen and the Nexus One boasts a 3.7 inch screen. The Nexus One costs $529.00 with no contracts and the iPhone costs $599.00. The iphone allows 5 hours of talk time and the Nexus One allows 7 hours of talk-time... and the list goes on and on.

The features of the actual device aren't even what push it over the edge. It's the fact that this phone is open to almost every carrier; not one sole carrier who's network isn't even that great (Ahem, ahem iPhone). It's now available on a plan with VodaFone and T-Mobile. If you buy it unlocked it can be used on any GSM carrier except you will not be able to get 3G connection, just EDGE. It will also be available for Verizon in the Spring time of this year.

The NY Post called this device a 'Superphone' and I totally agree with them!

3 comments:

joyee. January 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

for at&t does it still give out EDGE instead of 3G?

Teen on da Rise January 9, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Yup Google is only giving out edge to AT&T right now. Many say it's because they are dissatisfied with their service.

ashleyy January 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

well this is so cool that a phone is beatin the iPhone finally because i think its wack and the nexus one seems so cool.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Become a Fan!

Teen On Da Rise on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP